The journal is structured to encompass a range of work from current research, polemic, critique, speculation and experimentation. The journal is open access and peer-reviewed, published bi-annually online. The journal structure is as follows:
- Editorial by the issue’s Guest Editor
- Essays 5,000 – 8,000 words (including all references and endnotes). Essays must demonstrate their intellectual and theoretical context, method and data, and have a clear conclusion.
- Projects 3,000 – 5,000 words (including all references and endnotes). Submissions to the Projects section will substitute traditional “academic” data with project work, so they are expected to include more images, diagrams, and illustrations.
- Freespace Not more than 5000 words (including all references and endnotes) and/or illustrative/graphic composition. The Freespace allows for authors to develop accessible, provocative, and/or polemical work which may be written or illustrated.
- Book Reviews 1,000 – 3,000 words (including all references and endnotes).
Manuscripts should be written in British English and in accordance with the MHRA style. A full Author Guideline can be downloaded via the below link. Manuscripts should be sent as a Word document by email to email@example.com
Each full article contribution to Charrette undergoes a blind peer-review process, with each article reviewed by at least two reviewers prior to publication. Towards this, the Journal benefits from an international network of peer-reviewers with expertise in architectural education and thematic focuses of each issue of the journal.